Saturday, December 12, 2009

{meet ma conchita...}

she is my beautiful grandma. my mom's mom. she is a kick in the pants! she keeps right up with us...dancing, goofing around and just being silly! she taught me how to make delish salsa and enchilada sauce this summer and tortillas when i was really little. she has quite the story to tell and i totally admire her for her strength and courage for all she has gone through in this life. it has taken me {SO} {SO} long to edit and post these because i {KNEW} i would want to take a moment and write down my feelings for her.

ma conchita...even though there is such a language burier between us, i know that you {love} me and boy do i {love} you! hearing some of your {translated} stories all my life has made me love you even more than just a grandma...i truley {admire} you for the life you have led. for the {strength} you have had to find in yourself and the Lord. for the mother you wanted to be and the grandma you are to myself and my babies! we all love when you make things for us because we know you put {love} into them! your giggle is {contagious} and your smile is always {bright} with red lipstick! your lttle shake when you dance {HAS} to be my favorite thing about you...no, it's your giggle. :) it's nice to have such a tradish gramdma that holds true to family heritage and memories. i {love} the part of me that came from you. i {love} that i have brown in me...even though some people dont believe it! thank you for loving me. and my siblings and my babies. thanks you for finding the good in me! i love you! {xoxoxox}



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that she posed for you!!!! How cute is she?!!!! I love your little Ma Conchita too because I know a lot of what you are is because of your amazing line of women! She is adorable! I hope you got a picture with you and her too?!!! If not, maybe next time! The one of your mom and her is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Tree! i love them!! You ALWAYS do a great job. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THEM!!! YOU ALSO WROTE SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORDS ABOUT SUCH A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WE KNOW AS MOM!! GREAT JOB AS I KNEW YOU WOULD DO AND THIS IS WHY I ASKED YOU TO DO IT. LOVE YA GIRL AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! AUNT TERESA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. I think you should have jumped in on one of those pics with her :) Also thank for the pictures it is beautiful I might have to order one for myself later :)

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow Image 3
i love being in front of OR behind the camera! photography is much too fun! i love the close-ups but oh i {love} the quirky different shots, too!

{some faves}

Followers

mylivesignature

teresa dunlop photography

ah ah ah...no sneeky sneeky! you MUST get prior permission to use any image.

ah ah ah...no sneeky sneeky. all images are copyrights of teresa dunlop.